Listen to the road


Saturday, March 11, 2017

Winter story


                                                                               
                         
        
Our neighbors have horses. Their animals are a lovely part of country life. In winter I often see horses  with blankets. A quiet story of the winter around here. The applique/embroidery is worked on pieces of old quilts.Not quite a blank base. Even the white bases have needle trails from the quilter. I love sewing on these soft, worn cloths.  


Because of a health condition, painting (oils, anyway) is no longer an option for me.  
Janet Bolton is one of my favorite artists. And lately I've discovered Mandy Pattullo
and Cas Holmes, all British artists.

             Some years ago I was able to take several online classes with Jude Hill.
              All of these teachers have taught me a way to make story cloth.

4 comments:

I appreciate your comments.