Listen to the road


Sunday, August 19, 2012

Little and big stuff

 I took a solitary break this week and played with metal, wire and my collection of little stories. I just
sit down and 'go away' for hours. Like reading a good book, the stories carry me somewhere else.
 Then get out some beads and play some more.
 This amazing rock with a hole was sent by my friends in Wales...and became my new talisman,
reminding me how much I want to visit them.


 Playing around with brass banding stock.


 And pendants.


 My evening sewing project. Gotta have something to hand sew at night, like a dog with a bone,
I guess.



 August 18 was our anniversary so we visited antiques/thrift stores in Williamsburg. Came home
on the ferry to the above view.


 Fifteen years, snap, went by in a flash. Still having fun.


My two sweet boys checking out a baby bird I found last week after a wind storm. Both
on tiptoes. Life is busy but very, very good.

4 comments:

  1. Many congratulations both! Thats a beautiful use of old lace............and therapy stitching, that finger and mind solace of an evening....restorative and calming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You described it exactly. I went nuts dying lace with bright
    colors and have just gotten around to putting this together.
    Take care, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sweet design elements and the purse is awesome. Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.