Listen to the road


Thursday, July 19, 2018

Two gifts from mom

Mom died in 2015. Right before she died she said, "you're looking after me since I became
weaker and when I die I'll look after you". 





Lately the Parkinson's symptoms hit me while I'm grocery shopping or walking to
my car. I honestly feel I cannot take another step, even with my cane.




On Tuesday I sorted a box of her letters and memories.
In an envelope was a 100 dollar bill. Along with some
money dad had given me, I had 300 dollars.




So I ordered this spiffy rollator so I can get around more easily.
The price tag= 300 dollars!

Thanks, folks. 

The second present in the box was a tiny empty bottle.
When I opened it the fragrance of mom's perfume jumped out.
It was like a hug and now rests in my jewel box.
It was the best of all presents.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what lovely unexpected gifts. Scent is such a strong memory stimulator. Your mom looks so friendly and attractive and nicely dressed. I'm sorry for your loss. How is Opie doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a great mom and always gracious.
      Opie is so much better and still supervised.
      You're right, scent goes directly to the
      memories.

      Delete
  2. this is indeed a wonderful and fortuitous gift from your parents, hopefully making your life easier....I am fortunate mine are still here, we try and make the most of it...time together is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After that I feel mom with me-can't say why,
      but do feel her just inside this moment. I wish your parents healthy, long life!

      Delete
  3. Hello! The walker-chair looks like it will make a nice difference for you. And how nice that it’s connected to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can go to the thrift store again! And browse the
    library-life is good!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.