Listen to the road


Friday, December 21, 2018

We are Family


Today we drove to Walmart with the grandboy to find a Christmas
present for him. Everyone else was last minute shopping too.
I used my walker as this is Walmart, one of the bigger stores.

I had to sit for awhile in an out of the way place and watched each
person or family pass. A thought floated thru my mind, 
 
"This is my Family".
 
I couldn't stop smiling at folks and saying hi, making eye contact and
appreciating aunts, uncles, mothers, brothers. Every one of them looked
back and most spoke. We're all made of the same stardust. We have
each other to appreciate. We should be the last person to hate another in this big family.

The photo is from a bird funeral my friends and I celebrated when I was five.
I want to remember and live with this experience today. Kind of a spontaneous
life lesson. We are all family.


4 comments:

  1. Which one are you? The one with the jaunty feather in her cap? I wish everyone could see that we are all family. I don't understand war. Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's me with the feather! It was an amazing
      feeling and I felt it returned even with all the crowds and noise. A real gift to my heart. You all
      stay warm and happy.

      Delete
  2. This gave me a shiver in the very best way. What a beautiful way of looking at the world. I'm so happy to be reminded by reading both this and your note today that we are indeed all family. And listen Sister, you really know how to rock a hat!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I remember thinking the feather was quite the thing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.