Listen to the road


Saturday, January 24, 2015

Under the winter cold



 The first seed catalog came in the mail. Although this has been the coldest
winter here I can remember, we haven't had any snow yet (knock wood).


 I'm trying to loosen up and see color and pattern rather than
insist on realistic images. Lighter and simpler.




 These were fun to draw and tint.Especially now that
the world is so black, white and grey.

I signed up for an online class with Daniel Donaldson beginning
in March. Hoping it will help lighten up my drawing and mark making.

Stay warm!


2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful illustrations Patty. My goodness...so much charm!! I am happy I browsed through older posts because I would have missed these! I hope you enjoy your class. March is a great month to try new things.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your class experiences lately inspired my enrollment. I've turned into
    a hermit lately-too much so!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.