Listen to the road


Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New critter in the studio looking for a name

In the Freehand book I discovered  Kristen Donegan who sells wonderful
paintings and sculpture on Etsy and I bought this new studio critter (which arrived today).

(The background above is by Lisbeth Zwerger.)


  
I took her around to introduce her to the others here...dusty donkey,

 my pencils and pens,

 buttercups,

 Opie,

 tomato plants,

and the new bluebird family.

She needs a name...any suggestions? Did I mention she has a bell in her tummy?
She's a happy new studio buddy.

2 comments:

  1. Cute armadillo. I will submit the name Sue. I come up with that because of a favorite poem, one line of which reads: "the insouciant armadillo glances at us" the poem is Come Into Animal Presence by Denise Levertov. You can read it here if you like: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poem/17534

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! "Insouciant armadillo"...lovely poem. How are your llamas? They
    do seem to 'mildly disregard' us human critters, don't they. It's wonderful to hear from you! (Sue for insouciant)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.