Listen to the road


Sunday, February 5, 2012

Two flowers


This little cloth was inspired by drawings of plant propagation in a memo book
(from 1962!) in a box of papers from mom's house. The electrical
'maps' drawn in another book remind me of landscape maps. After a long, dry spell
running around trying different things I feel at home again with my cloth making.
Talked with
a friend today who is going through her own dry spell as a painter. I remember that awful blocked feeling between the good times when stories come freely.
Maybe the way to stay out of those dry spells is to look at everything with an eye
to what else it may have to say to us? My friend and I talked about books which led her to her bookshelf and a book given to her in the 60's by a great teacher. Inside was an encouraging letter from this teacher. Amazing how these things go, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Seeing the unfamiliar in our familiar memories is a wonderful way to create in the present moment. Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Seeing the unfamiliar in our familiar memories"...Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was soooo blocked yesterday! Everything had been rolling along beautifully and suddenly boom - I was blocked! So, I did some paperwork, which I hate, knit a few rows on a sweater that I'm trying to finish, and went to bed early. After walking my dogs this morning, I'm ready to get started again! What a good feeling!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.