Listen to the road


Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Learning to fly

This time of the summer the baby birds have grown enough to learn to fly. The adults watch over
them as the new flyers learn to use their wings.

I imagine it takes guts to jump away from the safe but confining nest and trust that they can fly
(even though I'm sure birds don't philosophize about the experience). Mother Nature teaches
quiet lessons and if we look in our lives we can see them repeated.

My artist friend has lately been looking for a way to remain an artist while making a bit of money.
This week she found her niche and it's wonderful watching her fly! It inspires me and makes me
happy as I know how wonderful it is to find creative success. You go girl!

2 comments:

  1. I have small sparrows nesting on the front porch of my cabin and love the act of faith they exhibit as they take their first flight. I have finished my 4 month installation at Dawes Arboretum but we are have security issues on my blog post. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, Been wondering how you are doing. I hope the dark
    forces don't poison the internet so we can't touch lives once in awhile. Patty

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.