Listen to the road


Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shut down

It's been a sad summer. Two of my favorite people died.  Two very good folks who make me
smile just to think of their voices.





I shut down for awhile. Went inside. Then I saw this cloth Jude Hill made. It woke me up.

I can't explain why but it opened me up. Took my camera outside and caught the
sunflowers in various stages of opening, following, closing and dropping their heads.  Nature
again leading me back to balance. Someone making art that opens another from grief.

 Getting back up a little wiser to how important others are-before it's too late to tell them.

At my friend, Laura's funeral looking around at the greying heads of our contemporaries. Of
my community, where I live, people she linked and laughed with and cared about.

Walt's smiling face next to his wife in a photo.  Real good folks. I'm so happy to have them
in my life. I'll hold their laughter and voices in my heart forever. And I'm going to go outside
and open up a little more.







5 comments:

  1. You will always carry them in your gentle heart.........I wish you peace. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty,
    I am very sorry to read about your loss of dear friends. I am glad that art is helping you somewhat. I wanted to thank you for your comment earlier on my blog. It is helpful thanks.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Helen and Sarah. Thanks for your comments. And Sarah, you take real
    good care, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that these good people have passed on but glad you keep such good memories of them in your heart. I am discovering that this is happening in my life too, good people passing on, and I'm afraid it is only going to get worse as I grow older. So I guess we must learn to adjust and find joy in having known them and keep the memory of them alive in our hearts. Maybe plant a seed in their honor. Glad you are finding ways to remain open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jan. I know your 'pack' is very important too. Loved the photos of your
    reunion. It is our time of life. Yes, a tree or some glads would be perfect for memory.
    Finding ways to stay open-well said and true.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.