Listen to the road


Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Animal Aid dog paintings


This terrier started out looking like a cartoon to me. I kept
 layering colors then used the rake or grass brush for highlighting the fur. A
little rake brushwork goes a long way. Also, I'm making a note on
each painting of which colors I mixed. Helpful if I can't paint for a few days.



 
 This dog is Hannah who lives at Animal Aid. 


This is Cody, also from Animal Aid. What a sweetie. I'm taking seven paintings
to Plantiques this Tuesday.




 We babysat the grand boy two days this week. 
It was fun but we had to take naps.



8 comments:

  1. Aside from my own Sierra, that terrier is your best work yet to my eyes. Well done!
    I've heard it said that the grand babies come to visit as angels and leave as little devils. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I really like that terrier too. Encouraging for me to continue
    practicing. And yes about grand babies. When he says 'grandma' in that
    sweet voice and I melt. Amazing to talk with a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, I finally got a blog post up if you care to take a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jan, so many kind words! Thank you for them all. Your garden is
    amazing. This spring seems kind of like a miracle after the sledgehammer
    of a winter we survived this year. Love that tux kitty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dog paintings are wonderful. I just saw the one over on Jan's blog and had to come see what else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Janet, thanks for commenting. I do a bit of everything but right now
    am enjoying these dogs. I'm going to hop over to see your work now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandson is adorable Patty and I just love your soulful dog paintings too. I never knew what a rake brush was until now. Thank you! Might have to buy one at some point very soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think he's a keeper!
    Lately I'm combing utube videos and free online sources for
    oil painting and appreciate all the generous advice/teaching.
    I'm trying to share what I learn as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.