Listen to the road


Sunday, May 4, 2014

Life is good

 This lovely painting arrived and I'll frame it tonight. 
The artist is Lisa Graham, a talented person I follow online.
Check out her art blog.
Lisa's generous in sharing her knowledge of mixed media
and a very cool person, very kind.


 The front yard is turning green fast. Tomatoes and herbs planted. 
Birdsong is constant. I love the light right before dusk.


This is Traveler, a new Animal Aid pup. 
Several paintings sold this past week!
I need to paint other things but am following this
preoccupation with dogs for now.



The feeders near my desk are busy all day.
No snow in sight-all is well.

6 comments:

  1. Traveler is adorable! and I knew before I read the post that had to be one of Lisa Grahams paintings. I love her artwork. Lucky you to own one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel so lucky to have that painting. It's now hanging in my favorite
    room. And I agree with you about Traveler. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, to have one of Lisa's paintings! I've followed her blog for quite some time now and have been tempted to make a purchase. It is hard, being a starving artist and wanting to buy so much wonderful art by others.
    Traveler looks like a right fine dog.
    Congrats on the sales, you are doing good for the shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jan! Isn't Lisa's work great! It reminds me of Chagall, a world
    around each subject is difficult to pull off. Many times I try to create it and
    it comes off like a photographer's backdrop-unconnected. Lisa's brave
    enough to make it happen with mixed media.

    And yes, Traveler looks like he'd be great on a hike. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty, I am just now seeing your post! I've been so busy with family in town for my mother's party! Thank you for your kind words and I am so happy you like it.

    Your yard is a beautiful GREEN haven! A painting subject to go along with your precious doggies?

    We have a lot of bird feeders out and we are seeing a ton of Oriels. They like grape jelly a lot and when it runs out they complain with their beautiful song. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grape jelly...knew!? That's a great idea to paint my yard. It's happy to be
    busy with family. Best kind of happy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.