Listen to the road


Thursday, May 22, 2014

Home made easel/desk

Tuesday I stopped by a thrift store and this had just been donated.

I'd been looking at easels and none of them are in my budget. This was...six bucks.

It even has storage inside. From the words scratched and written over the top
 I guess it was made for a young person in the hospital for a bed desk. I like that it still carries these words, its own secret history. That hinge is alligator jaw strong. 
Some days I get lucky at the thrift store.
 


6 comments:

  1. What a great find! It is always worth a browse in a thrift store, one never knows what treasures one might unearth. Where do you buy your paints and other art supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Dick Blick online. At times I use coupons at Micheals or
    JoAnn's locally but too many times their paints are old/dried up. Dick
    Blick also has free shipping coupons. Oh yeah, thrift stores are
    habit forming!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.