Listen to the road


Thursday, April 19, 2018

From hand to hand

Two creatures live in my china hutch. My grandmother and I made them
over 50 years ago.  She was a tailor for many ladies in town and
shared the buttons, fabric and beads left over from their dresses. More important
she shared her time and taught me to thread a needle and how to use it.
Here is a doll we made from ticking stripe and dressed in scraps of fabric.
Gathering the neckline with a running stitch, brand new skill for me!


The turtle is very fancy with his pearls and rhinestone, isn't he?
 I  remember folding the rick rack over the edge and sewing it down. 




Here is my sweet, talented grandmother, Hattie Mae.

4 comments:

  1. love the grandma pic. I need to dig out some of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep this photo by my work table. Sweet Hattie Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are delightful keepsakes, so much memory imbued in them. Your grandma looks likes someone I'd like to have known.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.