Listen to the road


Sunday, April 29, 2018

Small hopeful things


 


This week I was able to hem some pants. Hooray! Got excited and
went through my cloth suitcase. After surgery I hope to be
able to hand sew like before. Enough of the stick, this is the carrot. 
 

Bob's planting the kitchen tomatoes. By July 4 most years. The big garden is
for canning. These are closer to my salt shaker. 
 

I decided to bury the last of mom's ashes under the Cherry tree
to the right of the birdbath. Now I can walk out and say
hello and know she's in a beautiful place near me.

Creating hope in this world is important.




3 comments:

  1. Hope you will be able to get back to stitching soon. It is so soothing (when it goes right!) and meditative. That spot under the cherry tree also looks soothing and meditative. Maybe a little bench for you to sit on would be good. You can sit there and eat your tomatoes while thinking about your mom. Good luck with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea...a bench to visit the trees
      and sew. A bluebird couple has made a home
      close by, too. Wish you could join me!

      Delete
    2. I'll join you in spirit!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.