Listen to the road


Monday, June 10, 2019

Reclaiming

For 2 days I went thru unfinished cloth from studying online with Jude.
I reclaimed fabric, harem cloth and ideas as I took apart stitches. Ideas that got
stuck in the making but kept the energy of making in them as I snipped stitches.

This
became this
A darker force threatening and a fiercer lion to protect.
The difference between a pretend lion suit and the real thing.


While I was looking into protective animals this guy showed up.
My what big teeth you have.





10 comments:

  1. He's brilliant & bold! Love the tiny claws & teeth on the bottom beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the new pup's teeth inspiring these.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There's a real ankle biter lurking very low.

      Delete
  3. A most fearsome croca-gator ... until you see his smile! And the lion is surely becoming its true self ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and thoughtful work xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Judy. It means so much from someone I admire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embroidery is fabulous, these creatures are coming along wonderfully. The lion much improved in the second picture, the contrast is better. But the stitching is what brings your creatures to life. Loving your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I think my critters like cloth and thread better than paint. With stitching I can snip it apart and begin again.Second chances.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.