Listen to the road


Tuesday, June 25, 2019

More Applique

After ironing freezer paper to the felt body on this galloping little horse
I was able to cut my sketch with little stretching. Then just peeled it off
so I could applique and embroider the details. The wax surface held just
long enough for cutting-no residue.
 
I ordered a bit of silk velvet for more applique. Somehow hearts came from
working with soft velvet. The sewing down was so gentle, velvet seems 
to love being sewn. I know I enjoyed the feel of it under my needle.


Years ago I used to carve stamps so got them out and experimented.
Dated my Ranger Archival black ink pad when I opened it 2/24/14.
It was a soft grey on fabric now ( a bit dry). Perfect for soft impressions.
 

The grand boy is visiting. Harry Potter marathon and a happy puppy
who loves running after him. Good long days to enjoy.




7 comments:

  1. All this. just grand
    the boy
    a good life going on here

    ReplyDelete
  2. always wanted to play with stamps..
    having kids around put things in perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are honest. I was asked why I cut my hair like
      an "old lady". I said because I am one - ha!

      Delete
    2. it causes others distress for some reason, but I am absolutely okay with calling myself "old" ...

      Delete
    3. I must seem ancient to him! But inside I'm about
      24. Mirrors can startle me - I sneak up to them.

      Delete
  3. the horse is hilarious!
    pups and (grand)children, a perfect combination

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.