Listen to the road


Thursday, August 29, 2019

Talking to myself

One of Jude's skills is to talk or think about why or what if.
Why is it that too many turned edges on top of each other are distracting?
How can I rethink edges and components? 

Some turned edges and some softened raw edges. I used a needle to
pull one or two threads from each side of the blue grey backing.
This left an less solid flat edge. Much better.
 


Things were kind of static for the little horse here.
 
 
So I tilted some parts. Now I see the heart needs to 
break out of the outside border...snip, snip.

This needed a broken border, too. 
It feels bigger now.

This talking to myself is very helpful. Will unfold the edges 
on this cloth and give this bird some room to wander. 



Thank you, Jude.

8 comments:

  1. yes, i love soft edges, the fibers vibrating. And i LOVE these Beings here. So Alive and evocative...
    their beingness shining out
    to create the diorama for an envisioned Being....love this a lot
    makes me HAPPY to look upon them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these kind words. I love these little beings enough to make a good world for them to live
      in. I'm gratified they make you happy too.

      Delete
  2. Me too...I love your animals, especially your plump little horse. I also really resonate with your urge to break boundaries...that is the straightest way to a piece with movement and life, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana! It makes me so happy others like my
      little creatures. I find them all around me in the country.

      And boundaries...yes to less walls and hard edges. Open spaces for movement.

      Delete
  3. the most creative words in the world ... what if ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most helpful in every area - opens up my eyes.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.