Listen to the road


Monday, September 9, 2019

Something old and something new

This had an old beginning. The woven patch was made in Jude's
class in 2010.The colors leaned into a recently dyed plum-y linen cloth.
I worked in the quiet heat until I couldn't see it anymore. I slept, it slept and this
morning I could see it's done.

 I saw this while out with the pup in the front yard.
See the old tree with the hole? A watcher is sitting there.

So I watched him and local crow friends came and squawked and dive bombed him.
I love our local crow vigilantes. Also love hawks but...
 





 




4 comments:

  1. That plum-y linen is beautiful ... and your woven cloth gives a sense of gravity to the rising orbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gravity to the rising orbs" I hadn't realized how right your
    words are - thank you - that IS what the weaving adds...(I say
    while eyeing cloth strips).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been just sitting in a basket - go figure!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.