Listen to the road


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recycled jeans and tomato pudding

Another idea for making money lately...recycled jeans. This pair has fancy cuffs. I've also been just embroidering and putting fancy fabric patches all over them. These are actually selling in my antique room. I buy them for about $2.00 at the thrift store and then put a few hours into embellishing them. One woman said she'd been stopping by on the way to the mall to look for some unusual jeans and ended up buying a pair of mine.Of course, as my friend Grace says, it's not something you can depend on but it's a nice windfall.

By far the best way to save money is not to go to stores. Better still I often play dinner roulette. This is where
I have no idea what we'll have until I look into the supplies on hand. Sometimes I can google the ingredients
I have and 'recipe' and come up with something. We took my dad to dinner Sat and the restaurant owner gave me the recipe for my favorite side dish there. Here it is.

Aunt Delsie's Tomato Pudding
5 biscuits (I use about 4 slices any type bread torn in large pieces)
1 Qt. tomatoes
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tblsp vinegar
dash pepper and salt
dash of nutmeg (I used 2 dashes)
4 Tblsp melted butter

Mix the whole thing in a casserole and bake uncovered for about 45 min at 350degrees.
Eat this with your eyes closed-it's ugly but so yummy!







2 comments:

  1. I've made an Italian cookie a couple times that translates to "ugly but good" in English. I've always loved that... Jeans look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food blog posts always look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.