Listen to the road


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I just met Mary Nohl

Mary Nohl spent her life making things. Angela Recada wrote recently about a visit to Mary's former home and shared photos of the outside garden and a link to her book.


Mary died in 2001 but her home and work is now part of a foundation (even if it isn't open for visitors). I was unaware of this inspiring artist. Her work and life remind me of all the people who can't NOT make things even if they don't sell them in some gallery or make a living at making. Her work is joyful. Angela has included a video of Mary Nohl in an interview. Go here to see photos and a video of her work.
Thank you, Angela!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're finding so much inspiration in Mary Nohl and her work! Thanks for the link.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this special introduction to Mary...she looks like she lived an amazing art life. I will look into her life. Happy November! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing that she just took advantage of her situation to do what she loved!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.