Listen to the road


Saturday, January 25, 2014

Learning when to stop painting





I think I stopped in time with this guy.  There's a lot to learn about stopping and looking while
putting down the brush.




I went a bit too far on this dog. Still trying to get that expression.





I learned to begin the value study with a larger brush here. Very over done but a good lesson
learned.





I feel the practice is having returns.This is much more expressive without the fussy little brush
strokes. I think it's almost done. The snow here wants to stay around with temps only getting
up into the 20s. We're having a heat wave today-into the 40s.

 The white-white snow light is great for painting. My little space is filled with light.





2 comments:

  1. You've caught the personalities of these dogs well. They make such interesting subjects. All that snow--brrrrr!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nadia. I won't mention the many that didn't quite work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.