Listen to the road


Saturday, January 18, 2014

Middle stages-dog paintings


After 3 days away from painting I was able to spend yesterday working
on the middle stages of these.  I'm not trying to make total realistic
paintings. Trying to find ways to paint the dignity, attitude and just
plain goofiness of these guys.







Sometimes leaving out detail helps.





Other times lots of detail added to be covered partially.


Noticing that colors are reflected from the background.



Beginning with a value study puts down some 'bones' so color can
pull together the shapes. I have so much to learn. I'd like to simplify shapes
and textures. For now, I'm just painting and studying.

Having a work station (small area) always set up lets me work a  bit each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.