Listen to the road


Sunday, October 19, 2014

Big joy and back to basics

Big joy! 

Daily drawing has become a solid habit. I love sitting at my big yellow table with paper and pen.

Backed off watercolors for this week. My water brush order came in. All the different brushes had
good qualities EXCEPT the Niji brand. These leak and rather than an even flow of water tend to
'blob' water into a standing pool on the paper. I'm surprised as they had rather good reviews.


The few drawings I've painted I'm also adding prismacolor pencil and pastel pencil.

I've been noticing how eyes which aren't quite 'right' give either a (above) wonky personality 'clue' or

.
something a bit more sinister. Don't think I'd pet this guy.


Hey look, it's not a dog!

Found I was going in circles with water color so checked this out from the library. Will work my way thru the basics again. ('Beginning again' is a good motto for me these days.) Actually, this book has
lots more to it. Rather complete lessons on ink and graphite drawing. I ordered a copy for reference.

Autumn is coming in fast now. Critters are on the move. Lots of big spiders in the house. Nature's
tucking life in for a good long sleep. Leaves are dancing and birds are hunkering down in the wind.
Lovely season. Take care.




4 comments:

  1. Holding gently then letting go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the joy expressed in your first drawing! Joy in the expression on the dogs face and your joy in the creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are joy incubators! (I started to write 'joy machines' but there's
    mechanical in a dog's nature.) Connecting with their joy thru trying to
    draw them is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.