Listen to the road


Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Guardian Spirits

Many years ago (2006?), during one of my first classes with Jude Hill,
I made a protective lion spirit.




When My brother died this lion went along on Scott's journey with him.

Yesterday I studied Temple Guardians, mostly fierce lions.





I realized my home (temple that we live in) was missing a guardian 
so I continued a lion cloth started long ago.


I know his tail is more fox like. He is, after all, my mythical spirit,
my Yaksha Lion, so his appearance is up to me.


4 comments:

  1. Everything in this post calls to my soul and spirit. Love the Lion cloth you are continuing to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I think long claws are next.

      Delete
  2. such a tender, sad story about your brother and the lion

    and I do believe there are no "rules" when it comes to spirit creatures ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott and I spoke lots about death right before he
      set out to meet it. The lion was by him while we talked.
      We laughed a lot as we always did.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.