Listen to the road


Friday, May 3, 2019

More Sewing and Embroidery With Slow Hands

I'm so much enjoying my fabric pile again, especially linen. My hands 
don't work as well with Parkinson's but I've found a fix. I went to Laci's catalog
and ordered a tambour hook along with 5" x 7" Morgan frame. This helps
and I hope to finish more embroidery components for cloth work.

Before the hook, etc I made two cloths.

I used felt for the dog. 

The yellow balls on the left are chicks needing beaks and feet.

Dyeing linens to embroider with Tambour. Amazing how much plain linen fabric pieces
I'm finding at my local thrift stores! Not to mention 99 cent linen clothing.
Every morning I dye a batch. Jars of color everywhere...wonderful!


 

'

6 comments:

  1. haven't been dyeing much, just trying to use up what's here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've uncovered my fabric bits...they now rule the
      house-ha! This class is just what I needed. A spring
      making tonic.

      Delete
  2. what are you using to dye with?

    LOVE the dog...your animals are so filled with
    spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a sweet, lumpy, loyal dog, based on my late Big Dog.

      I'm using Dylon now and mixing the dyes for less
      saturated colors. My dream dye would be indigo and
      am working on that. India Flint book on order from
      the library. And it all began with an order of
      Jude's beautiful Shibori Moons!

      Delete
  3. Thrift stores are beyond wonderful ... both as a place to send unwanted "stuff" so someone else can make good use of it ... and as a place to rescue cloth from its march to the landfill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a treasure hunt. So many beautiful linens and
      cottons!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.