Listen to the road


Monday, May 13, 2019

Less is More and Then a Whole lot More

The last 2 days I've culled my fabric down to 3 baskets.
These boxes are going to ebay to find new homes.

This is what's left of my commercial and dyed fabric from the past 12 years.
It's not overwhelming as it was.

The dye basket is quietly growing new colors.
It feels right like this.

Listening to Jude Hill's color ideas and discoveries.
Love her way of explaining how colors "lean into one another". 
Thinking about what this can look like.
 

 Remembering how to sew 2 tiny pieces together into a chain then
cutting them apart to make pieced 2 inch patches. (saves time and thread).

Almost 9 months ago my little studio buddy passed on. 
In 2 weeks we'll bring home a new pup. This week seemed to
be the right time to add eyes to the invisible travelers.

They tell me he's a 'singer' and that's a fine thing in my opinion.
The studio will be full of new songs and stories.
A whole lot more going on here.









12 comments:

  1. Oh, what a sweet little fellow ... his tawny little patches are of-a-piece with yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why didn't I notice that? Thanks for pointing out my dachshund colored glasses ; ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's singing to your moons

    How much good energy is in the Sorting, I can feel it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have sorted - yes! I did find many hidden
      treasures. Less is better. Except when it comes to dogs.

      Delete
  4. a singer! how I love that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have really pared down! I love the remaining baskets of fabrics, they look luscious when I click on the picture for a closer look.
    Oh man, your new pup will be there so soon, he looks absolutely adorable! I'll bet you love him already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really see what's there now. Using up all my
      dyes on cotton and linen...lots more solids.
      I'm getting excited about the pup. It's been so long.
      Soon will do the 'pupifying' of the house. With dachshunds that only means moving a few inches up!

      Delete
  6. A new puppy! That is so exciting Patty! Love all your creative news here. Beautiful fabrics and stitchings. I hope your fabrics find homes on Ebay.

    Yoga! I take it too and you're right, it's life changing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your paintings bring me so much joy. So glad to have
      my coffee with them daily. Yoga and dogs, life is better with them. xo!

      Delete
  7. I would love to have another long-haired dachshund find and choose me as their own, and be a companion for my aging Marlee, a rescued dachshund mix. I am in awe of your fabric down-sizing. I need to do that...and still just can't let go of it. Love your baskets of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! You're a dachshund person too! I had way too much patterned fabric and not enough solids. Using up my older dyes with thrift store curtain panels, etc. Found 2 linen/cotton panels today for 99 cents...what a score!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.