Listen to the road


Thursday, March 15, 2012

Miss Spot

She's one of the first
sheep we brought home as a one year old lamb in 2000. This winter we watched as she
carried on as always. The past week I've noticed a decline and have given her extra
attention and food. The younger ewes stay close. Something that seems like respect. This morning I thought she'd gone but she was only sleeping in an odd position.

I realized how much she'd taught us over the years. Hers was the first joyful
lamb born here. And she's lived a very long life. I'm happy these are warm days for
her to eat the new grass as she hobbles around taking frequent naps. This is a time
of passing and appreciation, not too sad at all. My heart is full and grateful to this animal for what she's taught and shared.

2 comments:

  1. She sounds like a sweet sweet friend! Gratitude for knowing a sweet creature. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. And today she's still with us, happily.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.