Listen to the road


Monday, April 18, 2011

Steve Keene's two hundred thousand paintings

This man is making me think today about Big A Art today. I really like what he does. You can go to his blog here and hear an interview, see him work. I'm trying to figure out why I'm so darn happy he's making art like
he does. Steve has an MFA from Yale yet paints multiples and sells them for less than $25.00 each. He paints like he's on fire, like he's a bit possessed. You can't help but see the love in what he does.

The big A art world needs more people like this, IMO. Not how he paints but the honest work ethic, connection to folks who buy his paintings, his love and excitement about what he's doing. I have a big smile on my face when I listen to him. a reminder not to try and get too big for my britches about what I make and go back to
the joy in the work.

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments.