Listen to the road


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Story and a new road

At the beginning of this year I chose story and road as my words to live by. So when the children/young adult library assistant job opened at our local branch opened up I applied right away. Well, they hired me and a new road has opened in my life. I'm a book person. Nearly every room in my house is full of books. I carry a book every where in case I get a spare moment to read.

NOW I've begun reading young adult literature-wow, a whole new world. Graphic novels, anime, excellent
novels, sci fi, fantasy...just yesterday 'read' the most beautiful book The Arrival by Shaun Tan (takes my
breath away-not a single word of any recognizable language yet the art takes you another place). I feel so very lucky.




7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - to be surrounded by books. What a delight that must be! I am also a book lover - my husband tells me I need to leave some books in the library for everyone else! Enjoy your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I'm still pinching myself. We had the story time yesterday for the 2-3 year old group-lamb books...and that song Wheels on the Bus. I'm back in my element!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dream job...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, it's part time so when I get up to speed there will be time for sewing-yeay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes..a dream job to be sure, but OH!, also so
    glad to hear it's part time for the sewing..
    your sewing has been so beautiful
    and that book, the arrival...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, don't you love that book? I've been sewing and will post some of that later today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh...your a lucky lady to spend your day surrounded by books! I am also a book person, from a book family!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.