Listen to the road


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dark and light



Where things meet there is a path and a story. The lightness now is moving over the dark-taking more space. Then, on March 13, we borrow a bigger slice of light. I found this older-almost transparent piece of linen and
basted it down onto a woven piece. It loves to show how long it's been useful. Beautiful even as it's falling apart, maybe especially beautiful because it was loved, especially because it's so old.
This cloth is teaching me a life lesson, I think, about  growing older. Still reaching out without so much fear.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you are following Jude Hill, I have just signed up for her 'beasts' videos, and am really enjoying them, with all her tips etc..
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the beasts class...isn't it wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered that you are back to blogging. Looks like you have been busy. Is the baby here yet? We must catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I was thinking of you 5 minutes ago! Baby
    coming Monday, mom says "ready or not!"
    When is your daughter's baby coming? Must have
    a thrift day very soon. Email me OK or call?
    xoxo, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first visit here, I found my way over after you left a comment on my blog, thanks for that. I am enjoying seeing your woven pieces, you have great color choices. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jan. Love little Grace-hope things go easier for her. Hey, your music was good fun-I just let it loop around this morning in the studio...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.