Listen to the road


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Speaking of dreams...

I found this poem and it fits in with thoughts shared with a friend thousands of miles from here. We think
we're free in dreams but I think it's where we walk a road inside our heads. Is this road worn by our worries or do we fly? I recently made some decisions leaving me free to fly. Maybe eating beans but
flying. Is money what we measure our happiness by or making? When can we feel safe enough financially
to take a time not to consume, but to create? If not now, when?

Here is where I flew yesterday
And here



6 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your cloths Patty, and those sheep are SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patty, These pieces are wonderful. I love the way the patterns move through the 1st piece. I'm learning so much from Jude and our clothmates. This class was just what I needed to push my artwork in a direction I've wanted to go for some time. I wasn't really expecting that but "hey ho." Nice blog. I like it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Suzanna. Isn't this a great class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, thank you. Every time I take a class with
    Jude something grows in my sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "if not now, when"

    yes. ohhhh, yes. and your work so much
    shows your deep pleasure of the making of it.
    this green one, i take a deep breath looking at
    it...
    am interested in hearing about the sheep and
    maybe donkey as time goes on, too.

    i am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Grace. The donkey...I'm just thinking
    about having one. Funny how what we concentrate on enters through that road of thought.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.