Listen to the road


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Speaking of spring

Working on this for Jude Hill's class. We're joining together small cloths to make a larger one. I may make this into a quilt of four seasons since it's already 16 x 20. I love to sit and sew every evening, like a dog
loving to chew a bone, I guess. What is it about making those small stitches? It can be a form of meditation I believe. Just thinking about color and shape.

Getting ready to warp a loom. People around here may have to make their own dinners soon.

4 comments:

  1. I really like what you are doing here. Hand stitching is a very satisfactory process. Your family needs to know how to fend for themselves, you will be doing them a favor;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-you're right about that! I love those bottles you have on your blog now...inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Patty! (just came over from CWB) It's lovely to see how all your smaller parts are growing together now !!
    (...and I didn't see your woven Valentine there)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Els. Making small parts and using them together-a huge inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.