Listen to the road


Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm out of pins and happy

For the moment I'm ripping through lots of small woven cloths in this incredible class and the ideas are coming to me fast the way they do when I have time to make. Not wanting to stop weaving to baste down these cloths but must as I'm almost out of pins!
Noticing how colors I choose are connected to the  seasons. The blues and greens speak of our earth dressing up in her spring colors. I think of trellis holding vines and growing things.
And the heat which will soon be back as we spin closer to our sun.

Orchards of juicy, sweet  peaches. That incredible half bird has been nesting in my scrap basket for years and
I think she's found the perfect landing here.
My aching left shoulder is telling me to take my buddy on a long walk today. Balance...

3 comments:

  1. And ... have I already told you how much I LOVE that banner photo? Is it by you? Are they yours? They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Morna. That is my boy, Graham. Reminds me the
    bull that just wanted to smell the flowers-very
    sweet. He will at least one lamb this spring to his credit. They're Scottish Black Face sheep, very hardy breed from where my mom's family came from in Scotland along the Pict (spelling?) river. And they just love turnips and carrots.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.